One of the most time-honored and traditional holiday side dishes is also typically loaded down with the most sugar. A healthy cranberry sauce is hard to find in a store, but you can make one yourself from home, and easily. Besides, homemade dishes are always better than anything you're going to buy in the store, and we always want the best for our families. So give this healthy cranberry sauce recipe a try this year, and let the diabetics rejoice! There's no added sugar!
- About 24 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup of pineapple and orange juice mixed
- 1/2 no-sugar added applesauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- the juice and zest of one large orange
- (optional) 4 tablespoons of honey to taste