According to Texas A&M University: "Reminiscence helps individuals sum up their life and put the various pieces in order. Through this process peace can be achieved." Why not help the senior in your life reach these goals, while you capture their legacy with the following questions?
- Where did you grow up? It is not just a matter of the city and state. This question will help them look back on how their environment shaped them.
- What were your brothers and sisters like? Social skills start at home. Find out what kind of siblings they had to deal with. If they were an only child, ask how that affected them. Whatever the situation, there will be many stories to tell.
- What made you become a (insert occupation)? Some of us choose a career at a young age because of a mentor's influence. Or perhaps your senior ending up in their vocation due to circumstances.
- What kind of student were you in school? If you look up to your senior as a role model, you might be surprised that they weren't exactly the most well-behaved kid. Or perhaps they were always the way you know them to be today.
- Do you have any particularly fond memories you would like to share? This open-ended question will show them that you really want to know what makes them happy.
Your senior will love that you care about their legacy. And you will enjoy finding out more about them as well as learning valuable life lessons.At Caring Senior Service, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities. Contact us today to learn more!